No Cost/Sliding Fees
What is In-Home Family Support Program?
The In-Home Family Support program provides short term practical assistance to your family to empower you to reach goals that restore, support and enhance family functioning, child development, parent-child relationships, and parental health.
This include assistance with child care, household management and parenting, as well as emotional support and encouragement to eligible families during difficult circumstances.
How does it work?
A Family Support Coordinator will visit your family at home to assess your situation and together you will create a short term service plan identifying your goals.
A Family Support Worker will then be assigned to your home according to program guidelines, during the times you most require support, and on a regularly scheduled basis.
There may be a wait time for placement of a Family Support Worker into your home.
The Family Support Worker may assist you with:
- Care of your children including child care for times you need to leave the home to reach your goals.
- Light housekeeping and meal preparation, when part of the service plan.
- Emotional Support, parental guidance, and connection to additional community resources.
A coordinator will maintain regular contact through phone and follow-up home visits.
Length of service provided is short term, determined on a case by case basis. Most families reach their goals within 3 to 6 months.
You may qualify for service if:
- You have young children living at your home
- Your family has limited resources available to help
And you are experiencing a difficult time due to:
- changes in physical or mental wellbeing
- injury, illness or medical recovery
- relationship change or loss
- birth of multiples
- child/children with behavioral or developmental concerns
- a family member has a disability
To find out if you are eligible and complete an initial assessment contact the In-Home Family Support Program at 204-947-1401
Service Fee: based on a sliding scale, starting at $0 – determined through an income assessment.