Who We Are
We are a professional multi-cultural team working from a social work case management model providing wrap around supports to newcomers from refugee backgrounds. Our goal is to support the successful adaptation and integration of newcomer families and individuals.
- We are mobile
- We have interpretation support
- We have transportation support
- Cultural education
- We can access other Agency programs such as In-Home Family Supports, Parent Coach and Counselling
Our Support Includes:
- Initial and ongoing assessment
- Service planning
- Supportive counselling
- Service coordination
- Systems navigation
- Linking to community resources
- Facilitated referrals
- Skill Building
Our holistic case management approach helps families who are facing multiple barriers such as:
- Basic needs/ life skill challenges
- Family-related challenges
- Legal issues
- Social issues and isolation
- Education and employment challenges
Our program also conducts Well-Being Assessments with families from refugee backgrounds at the end of the first year in Canada to determine the overall state of well-being and ensure families are linked to the appropriate resources and services.
To register please call the Family Supports for Refugees Intake Coordinator at 204-947-1401 from Monday – Friday between 8:30 and 4:30, fill up our Referral Form below and return by fax.
This service has no cost.