What is Licensed Family Child Care?
- Providing child care in your home with a personalized family environment for children to learn and develop.
- The service is provided in your home to a maximum of 8 children under the age of twelve years. There should be no more than 5 children under the age of 6, and no more than 3 children under the age of 2 (including your children and other children living in the home).
What does the Family Child Care training look like?
We offer free training and support for people to become licensed Providers.
Duration: between 6 to 9 months
Classes and workshops will be held during evenings and some Saturdays
- A 40 hour Red River College course “Introduction to Family Child Care”
- 2 days of business training
- Various workshops
- First Aid/CPR training
- Ongoing support and mentorship
Am I eligible to become a Licensed Family Child Care Provider?
- Do you have experience and an interest in caring for children?
- Do you live in a residence with two exits on the main floor (not an apartment)?
- Would you like to be self-employed at home?
- Do you have the English skills needed to function successfully as a Family Child Care Provider?
For more information, please contact:
Direct line: 204-594-1886 or
Direct line: 204-594-1478
Workshop Series for Licensed Child Care Centre’s, Child Care Homes & Nursery Schools
As FCCR’s mandate is to provide services and supports to staff working in the child care community, workshops are only open to people working in licensed child care centre’s, family day care homes and nursery schools.
The registration process has changed. Registration and payment is done through eventbrite.ca. Once on Eventbrite site click “search for events or categories” box and type the name of the workshop you wish to register in, and then follow the prompts.
Please register as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
- Direct any registration questions to: Emily Rairie : firstname.lastname@example.org (204) 947-1401 ext 259
- Telephone or e-mail registrations will not be accepted.
- Staff from centers and nursery schools, please use your work address and e-mail on the registration form
- There will be no refunds issued, unless we cancel a workshop. If you are unable to attend, please pass your registration on to a colleague at your (or any other) child care program
- Coffee, tea, or juice and water will be provided.
- Remember to add the workshop date(s) and start times to your calendar as we will not send out reminders.
- Workshops will be held at Family Dyanmics.401-393 Portage Ave, 4th You MUST take the Offices of Portage Place elevator located in the hallway across from Payless Shoes on the first floor.
- Please be “scents-itive”. Environmental allergies are a serious problem for many people. Perfumes, colognes and highly scented personal care products should be avoided.
- If you’re driving to Family Dynamics, do check and see if there are any events happening at the MTS Centre the day of your workshop. If there is, you may want to think about leaving your car at home.
- Upcoming workshops are also listed on our website: http://www.familydynamics.com/trainings-and-workshops